Friday, July 17, 2009

Food Pusher


Sometimes I wonder why I have not lost all of my baby weight. I thought it would be really easy since I am nursing Tommy. Everyone always told me while I was pregnant that the weight would just fall off if you breastfeed. So, I breastfed Tommy knowing it would be good for him but I also nursed him for selfish reasons hoping the weight would just melt away. Well, needless to say nothing just fell off and I think part of the reason is because my husband is a food pusher. However, he does this out of love as he loves to make everyone happy with food! It is one of his love languages that he inherited from his father.

The first night we arrived in San Diego Joe went out to get dinner while I settled in to my friend Missy's house. I told Missy and her husband Dustin that I am sure Joe will come back with a lot of food because he always buys more than what is needed. Boy, he did not let us down. He came in with the biggest pizza that I had ever seen. We were all laughing as Joe was barely able to fit the box through the front door. I just love my food pusher husband!!!


Tommy could not even stretch over the whole pizza box.

4 comments:

  1. I remember giving your food pusher husband and our buddy Casey rides to McD's after summer track practice. One week they decided their "diet" was to quit super sizing their Big Mac meals. They also ates A LOT of Italian Moon greasy food. Definitely a food pusher! Lora, you look GREAT and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. On the note of the baby weight maybe you have just hit a road block. I know I pumped with Jackson (we had a hard time nursing) because it was good for him but also because I knew it would help me. But like you I hit a road block around the 4th month where I couldn't lose those last 10lbs. (I gained 30 with Jack). Then around the 6 1/2 to 7th month the weight fell off the rest of the way and I ended up losing another 12 on top of the last 10. Keep your chin up and maybe just eat one piece of pizza, lol. It looks like with that pizza one piece will go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG PLEASE tell me where you found a pizza that huge, I am a pizza addict!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He got it when we were in San Diego. If my husband brings home a large pizza in AZ then I will let you know where it came from!!

    ReplyDelete