Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tommy's room and the guest room


It is fun to actually have a closet for Tommy so we can hang up all of his clothes and we have a place for all of his stuff.



Joe painted Tommy's whole room. He stayed up until 2am finishing everything and hanging up everything. I woke up at 3am to get a diaper for Tommy from his room and I was pleasantly surprised by what Joe had done. The only thing that really surprised me was "my belly" - Joe had hung up the plaster of my belly that my cousin Michelle made over Thanksgiving last year. I was wondering why it was placed so low on the wall. Joe told me that he likes the belly low so people can go and stand next to it and compare belly sizes. I just laughed. The belly is still hanging low on the wall.



We bought a bunch of wall stickers that match Tommy's room which is sports themed. We also hung up Tommy's taggie football - a football with taggies all over. Tommy loves to look up at the fan and see his football hanging in the room.

This room used to be all white and it had dings and was dirty. I love the tan color. It was nice to be able to fit his crib and changing table in the room.


Joe painted all of the letters and they match my belly plaster. I love the way he hung them up kind of crooked.


Another picture of the crib. I was so paranoid that Tommy might get squished between the mattress and the bumpers so I removed the bumpers. However, Tommy got his leg stuck in between the bars this morning while taking a nap. I was able to get him out quickly but he was not happy so I will be putting back up the bumper today.


Tommy is enjoying his new high chair. It lowers so he can be eye level with us at the kitchen table. Thanks Dad and Kris!


The high chair can also roll if you unlock the wheels so we went riding around the kitchen yesterday and Tommy loved it.


The guest bedroom was painted blue when we moved in so we left it blue for now. My mom will be the first one to stay in the room this weekend!


More pics of the house will be coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to stay in the guest room tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it feels so nice to have so much extra space. Congratulations on your new home!!

    ReplyDelete