Friday, April 17, 2009

Long Week

I usually try and be really upbeat on this blog but this past week has been a tough week. My family was all together for Easter this past Sunday and I was really missing them. I realized that we had not spent a single holiday with my family in over two years. We have been too busy planning a wedding, having a baby, buying a house and I just turned Catholic. I guess a lot has happened in little under a year and a half. We did do a video conference with my whole family on Easter and decided that we will possibly host a Smith Thanksgiving in AZ this year and Joe and I are planning on going home to ND for Christmas this year!!!

It has also been stressful this week trying to get everything ready for the move. Joe has been working longer hours before we move so it has been harder at home as he such a big help with Tommy when he is home. Tommy and I have been missing him. But, whenever Joe was at home this week all I did was talk and stress out about health insurance. I HATE having to deal with our health insurance. If you have health insurance through your company or your husband's company please be THANKFUL. We have to pay out of pocket for our health insurance since Joe is self employed and it is a nightmare but also a sacrifice we are willing to make so I can stay home with Tommy.I found out this week that Tommy's plan only covers part of his immunizations so I started freaking out and applying for new plans. I was then able to talk with our insurance company and they will be covering most of his immunizations. I also talked with our doctor and he said they can cover any immunizations that our plan does not cover. So, I am feeling better but I am always keeping my eyes open for a good part time job if needed down the road so we could get better health insurance.

I was also starting to loose some more baby weight these past couple of weeks and I was feeling good but now I feel like I have gained it all back due to stress and less sleep. Tommy has been such a good sleeper as he was going to bed around 9pm and waking up around 5am for a feeding and then we would go back to bed till around 8 or 9am. Now, he sometimes will go to bed at 9pm and he now wakes up at 2am or 3am and then up again at 5am and 8am. I was starting to get used to sleep and now I am back up again throughout the night. Tommy must be going through a growth spurt but it is also causing me to gain back a little weight. I thought I had made so much progress.

Also, please keep one of my best friend's from ND in your prayers. She has had to go through some things this past week that are a lot harder than any of my little problems. I wish I could be there to hug her and love on her. So, please keep her in your prayers.

I am starting to feel much better now that I am able to write it down and share with others. I am also about to take Tommy on our daily morning walk and that always makes me feel better!!! I will post pics of our new house soon! I was waiting to make sure everything went well with the inspection and the appraisal!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Laura. As with all things, remember, this too shall pass. I am keeping you in my prayers. Moving is always a little stressful, but eventually things will settle down.

    It does sound like Tommy is going through a growth spurt. My dd was sleeping wonderfully, but about a month ago started waking every three hours at night again. I was exhausted, but for the past few nights, she's back to only waking twice. One day, Tommy will not need to wake to nurse, and you'll miss those quiet times alone with him.

    Keep your chin up, and congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are sometimes for upbeat posts and other times for venting. Hang in there. This all will pass and you'll get through it. One little step at a time. Love ya Lora Jo.

    ReplyDelete