Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tommy and Lily Updates

Time flies by when you have two little ones so I want to try and slow it down by writing down a few updates.


Tommy turns 22 months old today- October 30, 2010. He is a very sweet boy. He loves his little sister Lily and is very protective of her. He protects her car seat and toys when we are out at playdates. He likes to check on her and give her lots of kisses and he tries to pick her up and walk around with her but he is not strong enough yet... so I am always holding onto her too while he tries to hold her. He weighs around 23-24 pounds. He is a Daddy's boy. He loves to play with his Dad and he runs to the door every night when Joe gets home. Tommy takes a 2-3 hour nap everyday. He sleeps through the night and usually sleeps around 10-12 hours. He goes to bed around 8:30pm. Tommy loves milk. He would rather drink milk than eat a meal so we are working with him on eating as he has become a picky eater. Although, he always has room for dessert which is just like his momma! He loves to give us kisses and hugs and he told me that he loved me the other day for the first time. It melted my heart!! Tommy still loves his pacifier and we are trying to break him of this habit. He has gone pee on the toilet a few times with his special football seat and has gone #2 on the toilet once. I am slowly working on potty training but I don't think he is ready yet so I am going to wait until he shows more interest. I think the only reason he went #2 on the toilet once was because I gave him a whole ice cream bar. Tommy loves to talk and he amazes me every day as he learns new words. He loves to play football and loves to play with trains.



Lily turned 5 months old on October 21, 2010. She is a very smiley baby and is usually happy. She loves her older brother Tommy and lights up when he is around her. She loves to jump in her jumper and loves to watch Tommy play. She also sits nicely for meals in her Bumbo. We started her on rice cereal and oatmeal cereal at 4 months old. She can't get enough food and she is always trying to reach for our food. So, I gave her crushed up bananas the other night, crushed up peas, and an avocado. She did not love the avocado or peas but she did like the bananas. So, I bought her a lot of 1st food jars today and I am going to start giving her food twice a day. She loves to nurse and has stopped using her pacifier. She has rolled over from front to back and from back to front a few times but does not roll a lot. She cannot sit up on her own but she is almost there. She weighed 15 pounds at her 4 month appointment and was in the 90th percentiles for height, weight, and head circumference. So, I am excited to see her progress at her 6 month appointment. Lily does not like to sleep on her own. She loves to cuddle next to me and loves our king size bed. She sleeps good and usually wakes up to eat 1-2 times a night and gets around 11-12 hours of sleep each night. She takes a morning nap and usually a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. So, we are doing the co-sleeping thing at night right now. I am not against co-sleeping but I don't really like it as I don't sleep as well when she is sleeping right next to me. I am hoping to work her out of this stage soon.
I love my babies and I thank God everyday for them. They amaze me and I am so thankful that I can be their mom and I enjoy staying home with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment