Thursday, October 21, 2010

Garage Sales

I love garage sales. I never thought I would be the garage sale type but now I love them. They are all over the place in Arizona and you can find one every weekend almost year round. I don't go every weekend but now is prime time for garage sales in AZ as the weather is nice. Some have a lot of junk but you can always find one or two good houses that are selling quality items. I usually wake up at 6am on Saturday and head to Starbucks before driving around to look for garage sales. I really enjoy my alone time and it is pretty peaceful drinking my coffee driving around the neighborhoods in Gilbert. I don't have to drive far as there are tons of them.

Two weekends ago I found some great deals! I found a baseball ceiling fan for Tommy's room for only $8.00! He had a plain white ceiling fan in his room before without a light. Now, he has a light/ceiling fan with a baseball theme! He loves it! I looked online and this ceiling fan retails for $100-$149.

I also found a Thomas the Train set. I had been looking for a good used set. The guy wanted to sell it for $20 but I bargained with him and got it down to $10. It has tons of tracks and trains and Tommy plays with his "choo choo" set for hours at a time. A big box like this retails for around $100. Lily likes to watch Tommy play while eating her "Baby Mum-Mum" and jumping in her jumper. She likes to watch the trains go round and round. Joe also likes the train set as he sets up new tracks for Tommy.








2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is one big train track! I want to play with Tommy!I will be there in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT finds, Lora!! That train set is exactly what I am looking for and that fan is pretty sweet -especially for a little guy! Way to go -sounds like a perfect SAturday morning ritual!

    ReplyDelete