Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One Week

It has been one week since Tommy was born and it has been the most amazing week ever! Also, I have never slept less in a week but it is all worth it. I love being a mom and I love watching Joe as he is such a good dad. I have fallen more and more in love with him each day! Joe went back to work yesterday and I was so nervous as he does most the diaper changes and all the cooking and cleaning while I do the feedings. However, everything is going well when Tommy and I are home alone. We are starting to go on daily walks which we both love. Actually, Tommy just sleeps. He loves his car seat/stroller. Last week when Tommy was three days old he went to the pediatrician for a check up and he had gained 4 oz. in 3 days. The doctor was amazed as he had never seen a breastfed baby gain weight that soon after being born. My milk came in right away and the doctor was wondering if I was related to a Holstein cow. I was offended at first as I thought he was talking about my weight but he was just referring to my milk supply! The doctor said I cannot overfeed him so that was good news as I thought maybe I had done something wrong.


Nana is an awesome Grandma and it is so nice as she lives right down the street!




1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with the teddy bear rug!! Grandma Sharon

    ReplyDelete