Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love Fridays!

I love Fridays as that means Joe is home for the weekend and I love spending the weekends with Joe and Tommy! This Friday was especially great as my good friend - Katie "Lukens" Pinke came to visit from ND. She was in town on business. It was so great to see her and catch up. We have been friends since I was born. She used to babysit me and I then lived with her in Fargo when I worked at the Fargodome. She had good advice about babies as she has a cute little one named Elizabeth who is 1 at home and she is due this summer with her third child!

As soon as Joe got home I handed over Tommy and went to get a pedicure. It felt so good and I practically fell asleep in the pedicure chair. I got red nails with a cardinal on my big toe in honor of the Arizona Cardinals playing in the Super Bowl! I am ready for the party! I then brought home the movie Fireproof and Joe and I ate pizza and watched the movie. I also had my first glass of wine since April 2008. It felt so good to lay next to Joe on the couch drinking a glass of wine while Tommy slept in the swing and we watched our movie about faith and marriage. It was such a delightful night!

Now, tonight we are going on our first official "Date Night" as we are going out to eat and then off to the Lion King. I am so excited to go out with my husband while his mom babysits.


Katie with Tommy



o

No comments:

Post a Comment