Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bubble Boy
















Joe affectionately calls Tommy "bubble boy" and I am the bubble. He says that I protect Tommy from everything and everyone so he compares him to bubble boy. I have to admit that being a first time mommy brings a lot of love but with all that love comes worry. I don't know how parents do it as you don't want anything to happen to your children! I now have a new appreciation for my parents! Anyways, all of the doctors told me to limit outings and visitors since it is cold and flu season. So, I took them very seriously as I do not want my little baby to get sick.

Well, I am trying to relax and tonight the bubble burst. We took Tommy out on his first outing. I have taken Tommy to the doctor and out on walks but that does not count. Tonight, I took Tommy to church with Joe and my mom. I did not want to leave the comfy and clean house but my mom and Joe reassured me that Tommy would be fine. I kept him all snuggled up next to my tummy in the new sling that my friend Missy bought. I was nervous but it all went well. I covered him up when I heard someone cough but I think each day will get easier and I hope to not be as paranoid in the future. I am still going to be careful but I am trying to loosen up.










2 comments:

  1. Bubble boy...I am laughing. Lora Jo, take a deep breath, go to Sam's Club and buy a huge box of Germ X wipes. Keep them in your diaper bag. Then you can wipe off any germ ridden surface that little Tommy could possibly come into contact with in public. A breast fed baby is the most protected from cold and flu season. Enjoy a winter in Arizona with a new baby. Get out and about because it is snowing and blowing in ND and you would be home every day if you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha That was a really cute Blog! Thanks for ending my night with a giggle!!! Love you guys... Gina B

    ReplyDelete