Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Memories from 2011

I was downloading old pictures from a memory card I found this past Sunday and they were pics from last Valentine's Day. I couldn't believe how much the kids have changed in one year. I also could not believe that 1 year ago we still lived in AZ.



When I was downloading the pictures I was also reading a beautiful e-mail that Colleen (Joe's Mom) had sent to all her kids and their spouses. She had forwarded a beautiful e-mail that she had found in her e-mail that was sent from Randy in 2009. He wrote to her about how much he loved her and wrote so beautifully to Colleen. Colleen, reminded us in the email not to take for granted the love of your spouse. She also reminded us in the e-mail that the best gift you can give your children is to love to your spouse. It really hit home and I was crying by the end of the e-mail. Joe and I have been married for almost 4 years and I have at times taken Joe for granted. The move to ND has been hard but one thing is for sure our marriage is stronger and I am taking Joe for granted less and less. He is such an amazing husband and I am MORE IN LOVE with him now that I ever have been before... I contribute a lot of this to Randy in heaven as I know he has been praying for us to our God and it has strengthened my relationship with Joe.

It is so hard to believe Randy was here with us last year on Valentine's Day and that he is not here with us today but Joe and I both know he is up in heaven and we also have faith that he is praying for us and watching over us everyday. I can tell as my marriage is stronger because of the love Randy had and has for Colleen and his kids.

1 comment:

  1. Lora,

    Those are great photos of Randy. I need to get in touch with Colleen about some domains I registered for Randy: jeff@3rdstweb.com.

    Thanks,
    -Jeff Yochim

    ReplyDelete