Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

My mom and brother Steven flew in from ND for Thanksgiving weekend. We had so much fun with them and Joe's sister Mary and her husband David and daughter Lucy who flew in from Texas! It was a great weekend. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner and it was very easy for me because my husband loves to cook. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and Joe had one turkey brined and cooking in the roaster and one turkey in the oven. He had everything lined up and labeled and a timeline for all the cooking. He also found time to mow the lawn! He is amazing as the food tasted great! Nana and Pops (Joe's parents) also brought an amazing ham so we had a lot of food and leftovers which I think is the best part!

Tommy and Lily had so much fun playing with their cousin Lucy and Tommy loves his Uncle Steven who he calls "Zena" - Tommy was really sad to see Steven fly home and even said "I luv you Zena" as Steven was heading into the airport. I may or may not have seen a tear coming down from Uncle Zena's face as he walked inside. Tommy also loves playing with his Aunt Mary and Uncle David. David is really good at throwing Tommy up in the there air!

Joe's cooking timeline and set-up






Playing a little ping-pong before dinner

I wish I had gotten a picture of everyone eating

Lily and I in our matching necklace and headband that was made by my friend Heather

Aunt Mary and Tommy playing


The cousins - Lily, Lucy and Tommy (We were missing Jaxson and Wyatt)


Uncle Zena and Tommy enjoying the pool

Saying good-bye - so sad!

1 comment:

  1. Could you and Lily be any cuter in your necklace and her headband?? Thanks for sharing the pic...I love it! Looks like you had a great visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete