Friday, November 19, 2010

Daydreaming

I received an e-mail last night from my cousin Michelle. She is getting married at the end of December and I am her Matron of Honor. I am so honored to be in her wedding as I love her like a sister. Anyways, she wrote me last night to confirm my hair/airbrush make-up/fake eyelashes appointment!! YEAH!! I am going to get my hair and make-up done with her in her room before the wedding along with fake eyelashes! This may not seem like a big deal but when you have been either pregnant or nursing for the past three years being pampered sounds like heaven!! I was daydreaming about flying away to her wedding without the kids. Should we bring them or leave them? My mom bought Joe and I plane tickets and got us our very own hotel room with a king size bed as we will be flying to Texas for her wedding. I cannot even imagine being away from the kids as it makes me scared but hey, I also need a break and Joe and I could use some time away from the kids. The only time I have been away from Tommy for more than 10 hours was when I gave birth to Lily and that was an amazing experience but it was no vacation. So, my dilemma is that Lily refuses to take a bottle even with pumped milk....do I leave the kids with Joe's parents who are amazing or do we bring them along since Lily won't drink out of the bottle? I think I have already made up my mind to leave them as we will only be gone for two days but I am also nervous as I don't want Lily to scream for two days? What do you think? Any advice?

3 comments:

  1. Let her scream! Of course I'm kidding but I vote for some Lora and Joe time away from the kiddos. You definitely need it!! Lily will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the time to be with your hubby. Opportunities like this don't happen all the time. I would be pumping like crazy, and have her practice with Joe with the bottle. It should be easier with him, because she is expecting the real thing from you. If you practice a couple times a day, when it's time to leave it will be easier on her. There will probably be some fussing, but overall it will be good for your whole family, because what's good for you as a married couple is good for your kiddos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl, you NEED it!!! You are an amazing mother, but all great moms need a break too... Have fun with Joe and Lily will cave and take the bottle, I know it... ;)

    ReplyDelete