Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pops, Tommy, and Jesus

“Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. For whoever therefore humbles himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 18:3-4



I don't know where to begin or how to write about the loss of Randy (Joe's Dad, My father-in-law, Tommy and Lily's Pops) so I won't... But, I want to write about a few experiences Tommy has had since Randy passed away on Monday, March 7th as I want to remember these stories and share them with Tommy someday. Randy and Tommy had a great relationship and they had a connection that is unexplainable... the morning Randy passed away Joe and his whole family were surrounding Randy and I was home with the kids as they were sleeping. Joe came home a few hours after Randy had passed and Tommy was still sleeping but as soon as Tommy woke up I went into his room and did not tell him anything about Pops passing away as I wanted to wait for Joe so we could tell Tommy together but while I was changing his diaper Tommy said "Pops sleeping, Pops sleeping, Pops sleeping." I could not believe my ears because we had not said anything yet to Tommy about Randy passing away but Tommy already knew somehow...


About a week later Tommy woke up from his afternoon nap and I asked him if he had any good dreams and he said, "Pops playing with me... Pops playing with me and the animals"... it gave me goosebumps and a few days after that Tommy told me when he woke up from a nap that "Pops playing football with Jesus and the animals" and he kept repeating this story about Pops playing football with Jesus and there were all these animals around. Tommy has said all of this on his own without any prodding...Joe and I are so amazed as he says these things right after he wakes up from his naps so you can believe what you want but I believe that Pops is visiting Tommy in his dreams and I do believe that he is playing with Tommy and that Tommy can see Randy who is safe and loved in the presence of Jesus.


The other reason I think this is because Tommy never asks where Pops is or wonders where Pops is when we go over to Nana and Pops house. He used to always run in their house and run right to Pops... he would even run past Nana as he loved Pops so much but now he goes over there and Tommy never even asks where Pops is and he never even looks around for Pops.... Again, I believe he does not ask about Pops because he KNOWS Pops is safe in heaven. This whole experience just makes me believe even more in Heaven and Hell and the power of Jesus. Jesus is our SAVIOR and KING and I can see that more clearly through the eyes of my 2 year old!!

8 comments:

  1. Lora, you have no idea how this touched me today. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this. Love, Ashley Beall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora I believe with my whole heart that Tommy and Randy are sharing special moments together. God is so loving and AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing stories Lora. Please know you all have been in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sobbing! Thank you so much for sharing Lora. Tommy is so blessed to being raised in your family and have had that bond with Randy. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really makes u Believe, doesn't it! thanks for sharing.. touched my heart this morning!

    atoops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lora,this is a AMAZING story!! GOD is GREAT!!

    Luke T

    ReplyDelete